giovedì 2 giugno 2016

"A Love Letter"

Dopo aver letto la bellissima e toccante lettera che John Keats (1795–1821) scrisse alla sua amata Fanny Browne (cliccate sul link per sentirla declamare direttamente dal poeta), abbiamo immaginato come lei gli avesse risposto

November 10th, 1819

My beloved,
 
  I see the truth from your ink, your letter astonished me so much that I almost burst into tears reading it.
  I believe that our love is deep and it will overcome your illness and all our problems.
  It’s so sad waking up in the morning and not find you next to me.

  Do you remember when we used to be happy without any bad thoughts in our mind? When we were in the countryside near Heamstead; I remember that we were laughing thinking about all the things we had done since we first met; we were planning our future together thinking about the amazing things we would do.
  I have in my mind that day when we were having a picnic and you said I look like the pink peony near the tree where we used to kiss.
  Now my lonely heart need your love, my eyes need your vision, my ears need your pleasant voice and my lips need your kisses.
  Not your kindness and thoughtfulness were to have any fault in them, but my soul is too weak at the idea of losing someone I truly love, for my heart would be shatter’d.
  I can perceive an absolute element, an unusual power that gives you the force, a power that depends on love. I think love is the key, the only comfort, that is independent from corporal evils.

  Maybe it is destiny that we can’t stay together in this life, but when I will die my body will be burned and my ashes will be spread on the ground of your grave, a flower will grow and we will stay together united by the nature, forever.

Yours,
Fanny Brawne

Giulia Cozza
Rosa Irene
Ludovica Venneri
Giuseppina Sacco
Francesca Lovati
Elisa Meringolo
Simona Russo
Martina Biolchini

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento